Monday, June 29, 2009

Smiles and Coos

Geneva has been smiling since her first week, but lately she is ALL smiles and she has developed the cutest little language of gurgles and iiiii's. We have a million videos of her at this point, but neither Nate nor I can figure out how to transfer the movies from the camcorder to the computer. And I thought I was tech savvy!

Also, we've discovered that Nine Inch Nails puts her right to sleep. Of course, only a child of mine would pass out to the sound of heavy industrial rock!

Update: The vaccines went just fine. She screamed bloody murder when the needles went in, as expected, but she then fell right asleep as soon as we put her in the car seat. She slept most of the rest of the day. The day after was pretty miserable, her legs swelled up and I know they were hurting her, lots of fussiness and LOTS of vomiting (not spit-up, but full blown smelly projectile vomit 5 or 6 times in one day). But she has been fine since (although she has vomited once a day since vaccine day). She never got a fever which I was thankful for, I was checking her temperature at every diaper changing for a couple days.

The kitties also got vaccinated this past week. So they can go visit with the neighbors cats. Yay kitty friends!









3 comments:

  1. Projectile vomiting and Nine Inch Nails Lullabies, now that is a blog update.

    P.S. - I am glad the vaccines went fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. if i ever need a pick me up -- i just look at the last pic of this post. :D

    ReplyDelete